Monday, November 12, 2012

construction details


I am really thankful for my job for the close proximity it affords me to have to such a large and busy construction site! I walk the site maybe once a week, but I am going to have to up it to three times or so to accurately document the flurry of activity that is ongoing. Much of my job has lacked a creative slant to it, it has really just been documentation, observation, and interpretation of information/ideas (which is...slightly creative) but the good thing is that the past several months have been much BUSIER, and I have gotten a better sense of my duties and how I can be useful to the office.

I feel like I haven't had much to say the past few weeks, but those lulls in life are inevitable, so it isn't a big point of 'crisis' like I've made of such silences in the past. And I have been reading again! And generally I've found some more time for myself, which feels like a giant breath of cold, fresh air...so, no complaints here.

2 comments:

Amber said...

I especially like the last shot of the work-desk area. It gives a glimpse to a part of construction sights one rarely sees.

destroy what bores you said...

oh yes! I was told that it's not uncommon to open up these portable work areas and see them personalized with family photos, notes and the like. then at the end of the day it gets locked up and rolled away until the next work day...