Wednesday, August 28, 2013

new growth


Change is constant. Occurrences no matter how large or small are fluid, flowing things. Churning in our subconscious while we sleep, changing temperature and color through the smallest remark or a glance or a misplaced punctuation mark. Smoothed over with songs or quotes read out-of-context on a blog, or through a long conversation over coffee. Tendrils of a friendship start growing toward each other - perhaps they entwine and grow harmoniously, or maybe one chokes out the other as it thickens and matures and the other one recoils or refuses to explore and grow. Or they are simply incompatible and unable to coexist, and choose to grow in different directions, never looking back.

I won't see the plants above in a leisurely manner anymore by month's end, unless I go out of my way to visit that street to see the friend who will no longer be living there. And that's alright, because I got to admire it for some time! I keep going over the changes that have occurred in the past two months in my mind, and sift through the combinations: mundane and grueling with a gradual payoff, lovely on the surface but weak at the core, confusing and turbulent then suddenly clear and calm.

I'm tired after a long summer! Dreaming of green growth, trees, forests - an environment free of humans/urban life.


No comments: