Wednesday, April 30, 2014

the lost coast - day two, continued

It must have been around 5 PM or so when we set up camp. Andy scouted a few areas and we settled on this site with the rusted-out barrel and log - right at the point where the mountains tapered off into very low "cliffs" that banked down into the beach. I remember being so tired as Andy swiftly pitched the tent and I helped put our stuff inside. Andy tasked himself with gathering driftwood for our campfire as I sketched our sea findings of the day.
Fire is such a beautiful thing. We spent a few hours after dinner feeding the flames, and with the amount of wood we had we could have had a bonfire going all night. But the weight of the day's hike totally wore me out, so I retired to the tent early, as the fire snapped and crackled with Andy taking care of it. Rolls of fog creeped in, and a calm, pleasant evening peppered with rainfall overnight turned into a wet and grey morning...

No comments: