Tuesday, June 30, 2009

goodbye Penang, hello (again) KL

An adorable 50's-style lamp that I really wanted to take (but of course, didn't). It was on the coolest bedside table, too!

This kitty stayed out in the courtyard with me late at night as I caught up on the internet. She's a lot friendlier than she looks.

When this kitty slept, she slept like a log!

At Penang we stayed at Cheong Tze Fat Mansion (that name's probably not correct, I'll check it later), really cool restored mansion with 38 rooms, all themed! We were in Penang for two days - it's a nice historic city and we explored it a bit, mostly enjoying all the different kinds of food! A mix and sometimes fusion of Indian, Malay, Chinese, and Thai, and possibly even more. Night markets are the coolest and by far my favorite part of experiencing the cultures out here. The only bad part about Penang is I've gotten the worst mosquito bites here than on our entire trip! :( Need more mosquito repellent, badly. Now we're on "vacation" (read: stop travels, rest) before we get on to a crazy month of WORK.

No comments: