Wednesday, November 25, 2009

mmmm-my roots.

Yuk gae jang - shredded beef soup and the ultimate comfort food. I like the way my mom makes it - subtly spicy and a bit more sophisticated.

Dol sot bap. Rice and veggies/meat cooked in a stone pot. Hot!

I am so excited for Thanksgiving, you have no idea! Sometimes I wish we could have an all-out Korean feast like back in the day when my immediate family and I actually talked and gathered together. But nothing wrong with the good old staples - ham from Honeybaked (maybe turkey someday...), green beans, corn gratin, stuffed mushrooms, mashed potatoes... and usually that's it since our Thanksgiving gatherings are really small. The best part of Thanksgiving is cooking with my family. Sure the food is awesome but usually the time in the kitchen together, with the dogs running around our feet is really what makes this holiday so awesome.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmmm. A Korean Thanksgiving would be so awesome. Have we really done that before? Can't wait for tonight! :D