Wednesday, January 26, 2011

a change of pace


I'd call these... abstracted outfit shots, a little like in this old post. Can you spot each item? I realize how useless these are as they severely lack the context of a person wearing the clothes, but as always this is just me musing aloud to myself.

1. Thrifted Bally loafers, AA seed stitch socks (mustard!), BDG cigarette jeans, hand-me over pullover from sister, Gap hoodie layered under Gap anorak.
2. Topshop jeans, flea market studded belt (which you cannot see here), thrifted black & white striped pullover.
3. 8 eye Dr. Martens, Cheap Monday jeans, Uniqlo sweater, YSL necktie as pseudo scarf because I was cold and don't know how to tie a tie. All thrifted except for the Docs.

As a creative type I'm as moody as they come and so often last year when I felt like nothing but lazy my outfits would consist of black jeans, Vans and a pullover. My personal style was nonexistent because I was too busy juggling school, work, visits with my boyfriend, and adjusting to living with a new roommate, and though I always thought about dressing better I never put my heart into it. Now I'm not claiming that I'm doing any better - I still feel as clueless as ever but I've definitely been experimenting since the year began and I gained this weird new thirst to express myself through what I wear. More often than not I don't look exactly the way I want to but what's important is that I'm having fun and staying comfortable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

just have to say, Cheap Mondays are all the rage in Melbourne. :) --Ronni

destroy what bores you said...

do you wear them? I like them! I want a black pair :)