Tuesday, March 20, 2012

seattle, wa


I sneaked away to Seattle with J this past weekend! We hit all the usual tourist spots - the Space Needle, with Frank Gehry's EMP museum nearby, Pike Place Market, the Seattle Central Library, Olympic Sculpture Park... drove down to Portland for a day or two and explored what we could there, and in both locations had plenty of food adventures. I saw falling snow for the first time in my life and was entranced by the soft splashes of slush that landed on my coat and hat, that rapidly melted into puddles once we entered the heated indoors. Whiskey/mixed drinks/beer nearly every night, blasts of frigid air on the drive or walk back, and many new things experienced. It felt like a dream, and now that it's over I'm focusing again on urgent deadlines that I need to complete! Vacation's over, and the work begins once more. But I couldn't be happier.

1 comment:

Jessica H. said...

the last few sentences are spot on, for me as well.