Wednesday, August 1, 2012

lysergy


Sister and I spent a good chunk of Saturday exploring the quieter areas of Eaton Canyon, listening to every sound and quietly forming thoughts and expressing them to each other. In the morning we saw deer! First I thought there were only two, but then three, four, five, maybe six all followed the first up their footpath, and they regarded us without fear; the littlest/youngest one(s) being the only ones to stop and stare. I loved hearing the sounds of the earth, and being there from the chilly morning to the dry heat of the afternoon, feeling the terrain transform, elevated and differentiated the experience from the other visits I had made to this site.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Great photos! I especially like the fig, cactus and tree trunk photos. When I am out exploring and I see deer I always get excited too. They are very beautiful animals!