Thursday, January 31, 2013

screenshot adventures


Today was an exciting day! Google Maps added 360º panoramic views of the Grand Canyon to their street view, so I went for a virtual hike on the Bright Angel Trail for a couple of miles during my lunch break. The view was breathtaking of course, and you could even chance upon other hikers on the trail! Then I dashed off to catch a few helicopters in Russia, capturing the simultaneous eruptions of four volcanoes on the Kamchatka peninsula. I wish I had really been to either/both of these places, but with the amazing clarity of 360 degree photography, it was almost like I was! Now, I can't really decide if this slakes or aggravates my wanderlust...

3 comments:

Jessica H. said...

This is beautiful.

destroy what bores you said...

:D

y said...

so weird seeing images that aren't yours on your blog