Friday, September 17, 2010

METAL


The highlight of my day was working with metal!

1. Dinosaur cut out of mild steel with a plasma cutter, cleaned up with an angle grinder & then filed down further with a regular, er grinder.
2, 3. Stainless steel sheets cut & crudely folded into these "aggregating units" for studio. They didn't aggregate in quite the way I wanted them to but I can now I guess I can give a bunch of cool-ish ornaments to people when Christmas comes around.

I was feeling really angsty tonight this week and I know it's just small stuff but I'm waiting for that moment when I won't take things so seriously. I really need to lighten up and stop obsessing on little things and focus on what matters. Life is great! Why can't I see that?

1 comment:

yo said...

so cool. i want a necklace like the forms in the last two pictures :)