Wednesday, September 15, 2010

the third eye


I'm beginning to see the people I know through an objective-tinted subjective lens. Like he's actually kind of a solipsist so no wonder he's so self-centered, or this person tries much harder than he actually has to, or I like this person a lot but past the surface level we really don't get along therefore we don't give a damn about each other. This person has been and always will be loyal to me no matter how tense things get between us, this person is a kaeru, and she will always return regardless of how long it's been. This person is really a genuinely awesome person after the initial repugnance wears away. Someone I regarded so highly in terms of inspiration isn't so amazing anymore, about as reliable as a zephyr. I have a rock, my pillar in the storm, who sacrifices his own interests for those of others so much more than anyone I have ever met, without ever making a point of saying so. I'm seeing... the real colors of people. Or rather, a brighter shade. A truer hue? I feel like I have been so ignorant and superficial. Like life has been a cartoon and all of a sudden I am seeing things in three dimensions. I've long regarded myself as intelligent and perceptive to a point but now I feel like I've been blind all along. I guess this is growing up.

No comments: