Thursday, December 27, 2012

hibernation/growth


I planted some rosemary cuttings and succulents I had gathered/been gifted, and so have started what I hope becomes a well-rounded out container garden. Last night I made several whiskey sours with the juiciest, most perfect-tasting lemons I've ever had (from a tree at A's house), that were slowly and perfectly chilled with an ice ball (from a set of molds my dear sees gave to me for Christmas).

I think in the past several months I've gotten to know myself better, on several levels. And through this withdrawal, or at least in pulling away from people, and being selfish/self-reflective, I can better organize how I think and interact with others. I definitely act more like a hermit during the 'colder' months - call it a hibernation of sorts, if you will. But I hope that, for what I lack in consistency of appearances and correspondences, I am able to make up for in content.

No comments: