Thursday, December 20, 2012

so it goes


It is a surreal experience to play the part of the fool - how delusional and oblivious can one be before the illusion shatters and one is left to blankly gather the pieces and try to make sense of the chaos that was once held together with blind hope and naive optimism. The innocence that surrounded your first true love is no more now that you have felt your first real heartbreak, she says, and you will love again, but from this point on you will trust and love with caution. I regret nothing, I'm not sorry that I worked to keep up what I think was an undeniably deep mutual bond, but with the unfortunate timing and pacing I am sorry that it may have shaken you in the wrong way. I never intended to pressure you, so I've tried to make my exit as gracefully as possible, to leave no wounds, no scars, to remove myself completely and leave just a memory of what I'm convinced was a beautiful dream.

No comments: