Friday, January 1, 2010

follow me down to the rose parade

Seeing Colorado Blvd. closed down for spectators and floats in real life was so cool. We didn't camp out all night like most of the people lining the streets but of course it was still an experience.

This marching band float guy was so tall, I'd say three stories high!

One group of many horses, with guys waiting along the sides to sweep up any poop, hehe.

The city of Burbank won the "Animation Award" - the plane's on hydraulics and it rotated 180º - probably my favorite float!

The Trader Joe's Float won..."Innovation Award" I think. So cute, colorful and creative.

Natural Balance had an Alpine-themed float with Tillman the bulldog that skateboards - but this time a bunch of bulldogs went sliding down the "slope" on boogie boards!

La Cañada Flintridge won the "Fantasy Award" with the Scissored Wizard float - pretty sweet origami dragon!

This is the last float we saw before leaving...Pufferfish!

I helped someone out with some Rose Parade business about a month ago, and to show his thanks he gave my family and me tickets to some great seats in the grandstands for the 2010 Tournament of Roses Parade. Getting up at 6:00 AM to get there was a struggle, but I had a great time seeing everything in real life for the first time. I've lived in Pasadena pretty much all my life and yet have never been to the Rose Parade for the New Year - until today!

The rest of the day was spent working on financial aid stuff, and cooking for hours on end for a traditional Korean New Year's dinner!

No comments: