Friday, July 16, 2010

keeping cool


I wore these hand-woven, pantaloons-shorts all day yesterday as I worked on my quilt yesterday and romped around in the yard in the evening. The Queen Anne's lace is flourishing in the front yard and I spent some time admiring it even though the heat was unforgiving as the afternoon melted into evening. I went back inside to sew, but then found distraction again in the vintage Ball Mason half-pint jar I found at the Salvation Army earlier that day. At $0.89 I could not resist. Today I worked from 5-12 and then went swimming with my sister! With a pool you can conquer the summertime heat.

3 comments:

Lan D. Ho! said...

Discovered your blog by searching for an image. Glad to see that you've been writing for so many years. Please keep writing!

the desert foxx said...

OH! those shorts are all i have been looking for the past years. please don't tell me they are some exclusive brand item or vintage?

x

destroy what bores you said...

dear Lan D. Ho,
thank you! I will keep writing :)

dear Highdee,
the shorts are not an exclusive brand item (:D), but I did find them at the Salvation Army (:/). all I know about them is that they are made in Guatemala..