Wednesday, July 14, 2010

sushi at home


Last Thursday my mom, my sister and my boyfriend prepared an amazing sushi feast for lunch! Unfortunately I was out of commission, conked out on the couch after working a 4 AM shift that day. Yeah I know, weak. I felt guilty and like the most spoiled thing ever when I awoke and stumbled into the dining room to see bowls of piping hot odeng, two platters heaped each of veggies and sea-meat, and sheets of nori. We had tako (octopus), sake (salmon), maguro (tuna), toro (fatty tuna), kani kama (imitation crab) and uni (sea urchin). Oh no, I'm getting hungry again. This was a great day because I had been craving sushi for weeks beforehand, and making it with family and boyfriend (and sister's boyfriend!) was such a fun and fulfilling experience. Food is better when you have it with loved ones.

No comments: