Wednesday, February 2, 2011

graphic ramblings


It still needs work but this diagram on the suburban vs. rural edge I was toying around with caught my instructor's eye and was the ticket to redemption from the terrible critique/diatribe I received Monday. I'm planning on making the inset a really detailed line drawing, with no grey circle blob trees and making the inset bigger? And maybe not having it cut into the context drawing. I'm favoring a bolder, cartoony-er look because I hate the clean&slick-but-stiff or ethereal, dreamy fetishizing of data that we see in graphic design these days (I'm horrible with words at this moment), but I don't want to simply reduce everything to street sign icons, I'd like to create my style's own identity please. I mean as best as I can, because nothing is original anymore right?

Still needs a lot of work...

No comments: