Saturday, July 23, 2011

BG-175


I found this at the PCC Flea earlier this month and was told it was either from WWII or the Vietnam War. It was ten bucks and reeked of corroded metal, and upon doing some light googling I read that it held the GN-58 Hand Generator, which I guess powered the radio stations they used back then. It's perfect. It's olive drab (erm, obviously), fits a camera (or four!), or a ton of notebooks, and holy smokes it's solid. I had to wrestle the little trout and California flag pins in. It has some sturdy round snaps too. I have an open baggie of baking soda in there to absorb some of the smell, it's kind of working. Anywho that's that. I like utility bags that kind of make my mom cry as she wonders why I refuse to carry a decent purse. I have too much stuff to lug around at all times and it seems that military-grade canvas is the only thing that'll do it.

1 comment:

Ronni said...

that (toy?) camera looks SO familiar....