Wednesday, July 20, 2011

wurstkuche with steph


Steph flew out to L.A. from New York and is here for a little over a week and I got to spend the day with her today! Everything, meaning the-way-we-usually-do-things was slightly reversed - while in the past she often took us to our destinations (school, Disneyland, Sonic, Samy's), today I decided to drive! And back when she was still in L.A. she always showed me goood places to eat/shop/visit but today when she expressed no preference for lunch I took us to Wurstkuche. Steph got the duck & bacon sausage and I got the buffalo... and we snarfed them up with some fries. Steph bought the ridiculous box of water and upon drinking it she said un-ironically and with an air of surprise, "Well it doesn't taste any different..." to which I just guffawed out loud & said something silly about brilliant marketing. She then went to tell me how the water in New York tastes pretty good and I became so obsessed with that idea that she said "I'll bottle some and send it to you" but I told her no, this gives me another good reason to come visit you there! Then we went searching for the L.A. Gun Club which we will visit before she leaves next week (!!!), went to a small coffee shop in South Pas where we talked about movies and spent a lot of time laughing, and it made me happy to goof around and enjoy life with a good old friend whom I hadn't seen in half a year.

No comments: