Saturday, December 17, 2011

going through the motions

1. I got new laces for my old skools, after the laces on the left shoe were reduced to fluff after being shredded on a hike.
2. A filter in the photo lab obscuring a box of drafting dots with my name on it. I lost that box a year ago and it was nice to see it in a new home.
3. A pair of old matching keys.
4. Plastic dust on my sleeve after trimming dozens of vacuu-formed plastic forms.

I'm entering a new transitional phase, after a whirlwind three months of the end of this year. It doesn't feel like December, yet I can't wait for the month to be over. Work, and new relationships, and learning from my mistakes and trying to remember the lessons before making the mistakes again, listening more instead of assuming, and trying to think before reacting. The last two films I watched in theaters both heavily featured sex and Michael Fassbender...this must not be a coincidence. The climactic exchange between the main characters in Shame threw me into a simultaneous self-reflective state and I found myself shaking for the last twenty minutes of the film. I don't mean to talk for the sake of talking, but a lot needs to be said.

No comments: