Wednesday, January 11, 2012

'I have bad news for you, it's a duck, not a chicken'


I found this duck at the junk shop and the proprietor Ray said "That's $0.25!" I said YES my dogs are going to love this rubber chicken. And then Ray says "I have bad news for you, it's a duck, not a chicken." And sure enough it has webbed feet! The dogs like this duck but my mom doesn't, so for now it sits on my shelf next to my lobster and an owl clock.

This shirt came out of a $1 pile at the PCC Flea, and even though I hate when people call me "Hannah" I got it out of ironic necessity. I once had a shirt that said "I survived the Road to Hana" that a friend brought back for me from Hawaii but I totally wore it out. I miss that shirt.

Do you become a different person when a camera is pointed your way? I do. I'm so much more used to being behind the camera so when I get snapped I almost don't recognize myself when I see the resulting photo. I also stiffen up and make weird faces without even meaning to. I think cameras just don't like me, but when I look at pictures like this one I can say "Yeah, that's me."

No comments: