Sunday, February 3, 2013

"let me have the last word!!!"

One of two Kodak film tins found today at the PCC Flea Market for $1!

"The Hollow Earth" by Raymond Bernard, which I got more for the graphic quality of the front & insides, rather than for its content (though it's kind of fascinating, flipping through and looking into the belief and 'evidence' of the Hollow Earth Theory...).

Test shot of an assortment of vintage canning jars given to me by A. I realized that the wider the angle I use, the more vignetting occurs...

Today was a hectic flurry of a day, which was a little unexpected, but it was busily productive so I'm not complaining. After traversing the flea market with sister and mom, I went around the town I grew up in for ten years, shooting pictures of a bunch of locations to build up a reference library for a project that needs to get underway soon. One of the locations to visit on my list was the Huntington Library, and it turns out that a family friend of ours was given some kind of super-membership that extends to additional friends, so as an on-again off-again member, I'm a member for another year again - hooray! I got re-registered, and walked around the gardens and buildings - admiring flowers, and soaking in the heat of the afternoon. Before I left, I stole away to the Desert Garden to walk amongst the cacti and succulents, where I simultaneously felt inspired by the beautiful growths while envying the variety. I got through most of the locations, but as that wound down I decided I had no energy left for SuperBowl festivities, so the rest of the afternoon was spent cleaning and rearranging items in the house. I can confidently say that I'll sleep well tonight. It's already next week!

I liked how this fallen barrel cactus had a blanket/tarp nestled underneath it, as if for support/warmth(???)/protection. I'll gladly (stupidly) cuddle you, cactus!

1 comment:

y said...

what did you photograph those on? old crate/box?