Monday, May 18, 2009

brief stop in Tokyo, en route to Kyoto

So Japan is 16 hours ahead of Los Angeles. It is after 5 am on Tuesday the 19th, and this post concerns events that happened Monday the 18th etc. So maybe I will always appear to be a day late!

A delicious Suntory drink, it tastes like Propel. I love the bottle cap ♥.

Wee little wooden owl key chains. Way too expensive at 1260 ¥ ($1 US dollar = 96.06 ¥)!

Once we get to Kyoto, we are free to roam around for the evening. Train ticket means exploring with less walking!

Lanterns along a busy commercial street.

A kitty (neko!) in an alleyway in the Pontecho. Pontecho is a tiny street that is famous for its bars I think. We ate there for dinner but didn't do any drinking. Next time!

A sign outside a park. The puppy makes me miss my own poopies. :)


Today (5/19) we visit a bunch of shrines in Kyoto! more updates to come...!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aww i would've loved one of those keychains:(