Thursday, May 28, 2009

rainy days in Tokyo

Stick-on at Harajuku street. tiiight.

A thrift store in Harajuku had this USC shirt gracing one of their piles. REPRESENT, haha.

Crocheted/knit vests, how funny.

Murakami flower pins for 726 ¥ each (OUCH!) at a museum (?) store in Roppongi Hill.

A Murakami dinosaur/monster key chain at the same store. So cute! something like 1080 ¥. I got asked very nicely not to take photos of the Murakami merchandise right after I took this photo :(

Today we hopped around looking at development malls and it was alright. The rain in Tokyo today didn't help. After "school" two of my friends and I went looking for Harajuku street and we found it, but due to the rain and maybe because it's a school day (???) none of the Harajuku kids were there - although we did pass by many fashionable peoples. I'm sad that it is expected to rain during the rest of our time in Tokyo - we are only here for one more day! Fish market tomorrow morning at 4 am, so I am going to bed now!

1 comment:

Stephanie Chow said...

Hey Hana, just saw your comment on my blog haha.

Hope you guys had fun in Beijing!

I think the Harajuku kids you were hoping to see are the ones who come out on Sunday at Takeshita Street (that long, crowded street across from Harajuku station) and Yoyogi Park!. Too bad it was raining and you guys weren't here for very long! :(