Thursday, December 16, 2010

recent thrifting finds...!


These were from two weeks ago and in my stress leading up to the beginning of this week neglected to show. I got the ceramic Scottie dog at the PCC flea market. It's marked at $14, but when I picked it up the hilarious vendor said "Oh! You just picked that up so now it's $12." I smiled and put it down then picked it back up after saying something to my mom, and he said "Every time you pick it up the price goes down!" So for $10 it was mine, I couldn't resist his charms. Later on I fretted a little about impulsively buying it (even though as of late I've been fascinated with 1960s/70s kitschy American ceramics) but after hearing my aunt, my mom and sister note how the scottie resembles our girl dog BB when she was a pup made me not regret the decision anymore.

I found a copy of Meditations at a Goodwill for only $3! When I suffered a glare from the librarian at the local library at home for renewing Meditations 3 times (we're only allowed 2 renewals, which I forgot) I was saddened at realizing I could no longer read as quickly as I did when I was younger. But Greek philosophy versus Greek myths? Obviously a discrepancy there...

No comments: