Tuesday, May 31, 2011

moving on

This is a basil chiffonade. Basically a bunch of basil leaves stacked on top of one another then sliced into beautiful fragrant ribbons. (I didn't roll them as one should, but instead just folded it in half and then sliced).

This past weekend was incredibly frustrating and grueling, to the point that I don't want to talk about it with anybody. I hadn't expressed so much true, real rage in so long, I think I was physically drained yesterday (that or it was allergies). I hate being forced to do anything, especially growing up. I know as a youngish twenty-something I'm closer and closer to adulthood but I'm not an idiot - what makes me want to jump into adulthood when I feel like I've barely lived?! But anyway, it is time to move on and let go of things. I watched Top Gun again for the first time in 15 years and it was life-changing! Burning homemade sage incense (a family friend recently brought me a Trader Joe's-bagful of it!) calms me down as much as a small helping of honey whiskey before bed. Haha, these are a 'few of my favorite things.'

No comments: