Sunday, May 8, 2011


This weekend was insane, what with the extended bouts of staying awake without sleeping to frantically finish projects, getting kicked out of home back to school because I lashed out at my sister for an offhanded comment, and it having it all snowball into further craziness. I exaggerate slightly, due to sleep-deprivation. Last night (Saturday) I told two other studio mates we should cut & mount our presentation boards that night (it was already 3 am) so we could avoid the frenzy later in the day (Sunday). So we spent hours painstakingly arranging, cutting, spray-mounting and re-cutting our boards until the wee hours of the morning. I went back to my apartment, showered, passed out for an hour and went back to studio to help people cut and mount their boards... pure insanity. Hours felt like days. We finally cut everything, got our models and boards together and took them to the Shrine.

Once there, we had to mount the already cut-and-mounted boards onto the larger 4'x8' presentation boards, which took even longer to coordinate. I still haven't done mine, and will tomorrow after my final. In the midst of everything I got a phone call, one I couldn't ignore, and ended up wandering out of the Shrine to campus, back towards my apartment all while talking to my friend. There was a breeze today, and amidst the stress of having to finish up a billion things, the dull throbbing pain in my body and delirious state of mind, he told me "I'm proud of you" for having finished 5 years of architecture school, and that made things a little better for a second.

No comments: