Monday, May 23, 2011

tiny treasures


I've taken on the annual, monumental task of clearing out, dusting and organizing my behemoth of a room. The room itself is not large, but with all my earthly possessions in tow I curiously seem to take on the personality of a hoarder. It is a bit troubling but also a source of slight amusement to my mom and sister, who come up and check on my progress every day. Having accumulated so much stuff, it is a welcome challenge to sift through what can be thrown out and donated and kept. I found a small linen bag filled with the above - (clockwise from top spiraling to the middle) a carved cedar frog, a red cat's eye operculum seashell, an acorn I found in Spokane, a beach stone with a perfect hole for a string, and a ceramic pendant my mom made & glazed a few years ago. With close-ups of the operculum, which is that little door that snails use to close up when the tide is low! And now you see why I'm so slow to getting my important things done...

No comments: