Thursday, August 18, 2011

110 explorations

Today I went exploring the 110 freeway (which was originally called the Arroyo Seco Parkway and I think since last year was reverted to that name) with my friend Andrew. It was not incredibly interesting, as you will note in the photos but for the sake of a visual diary here it all is. (I did eat that blackberry and it tasted like summer).

After semi-treacherous maneuvering into the dry "riverbed" of the L.A. River, and lots of wandering around in dry brush and taking note of things we stopped by Galco's and got o.k. sandwiches but awesome drinks! I was happy for Andrew, who found a brew called "Purple Haze" that he had fallen in love with in New Orleans and promptly made a purchase of today.

And I won't lie, for most of my life I have wondered what was beyond the borders of the winding 110 and today I got to find out (for half of the arroyo parkway part at least). In a strange way, a small dream come true. Hidden stables, homeless shelters, quiet walkways, lightly used parks. More exploring tomorrow!

3 comments:

W-iNNie said...

oh my. if i ever land in your corner of the world, we HAVE to go on a photohunt! :)

destroy what bores you said...

yes! or vice versa and if I happen to follow YOU around. it will happen :)

Ronni said...

http://www.latimes.com/health/la-he-walks-arroyo-20110822,0,3599754.story