Tuesday, August 16, 2011

thingummies

I finally found an old 70's-style woven camera strap after puttering around and searching for the perfect one for almost a decade! (I had some weird criteria for getting one, let me tell you). Initially I put it on my XT which looked and felt really stupid so I moved it to my Nikon FE, much better. This photo doesn't really show the strap at all so I'll probably show it to you in its full glory later on.

Apparently this is a bag sold at the German grocery store chain Kaisers and the sentiment printed below the kissing frog and turtle translates to "Protect our environment". New market bag/tote bag/everything bag.

A $5 bass lure - inspiration for my pop to get better so he can go on his epic fishing trips again and so I can go fly fishing with him on the Owens River!

Clutter and junk. I know people like my mom and sister who are perpetual neat freaks shudder at the sight of my room but it holds an inherent logic to me (obviously). More on my messy abode later!

A weird cloud I saw while I was out in the backyard. Sometimes I think someone's up there saying things to whoever looks up in the sky and pays attention!

There is a restless buzz in the air. My sister's moving back to school this week, I'm starting to work on architecture-y stuff sort of, and ending this summer-long snoozefest that I've kept up for so long. Even though for the past couple of years I've played the pessimist, weird confirmations of my inherent optimism (handwriting analysis!) persuades me to look upward even as I grumble and whine about current conditions. The grumbling helps no one - it doesn't make me feel any better and puts my family and peers at unease so I need to stop. As always time to move onward and upward.

No comments: