Friday, April 22, 2011

a kosher square.


Tonight was (is, because it's still going) the senior fountain run. I didn't partake because I had class til 11, still have tons to do for my final project and, to be honest have no desire to get drunk and run through the fountains all over campus on a chilly spring night for a few hours. Don't get me wrong - I don't consider myself above 'running', and I don't think I'm better than the participants. I honestly have too much to do to and no pressing desire to partake in this 'fun' tradition. For most other people I think this will translate to me being too uptight, needing to let loose/loosen up, have FUN, but I know myself and I know I wouldn't have fun. I've known ever since I went to dances in high school, and ever since I set up/ran events through the ASB, that I will never have the same concept of 'fun' as the hivemind (excuse the pretension...). So why pretend when it doesn't matter?

At the urging of a classmate of mine upon exiting class, I falsely promised I'd join up and splash in some fountains with her later, after taking care of a few things, only to have this other girl give a loud, fake condescending laugh and chortle 'Oh, you're so KOSHER!' I had several retorts flash through my mind but I just smiled at them and replied 'Have fun.'

Anticlimactic much? Sometimes, a lot of times, that's life.

No comments: