Thursday, July 2, 2009

things I miss back home

I ate at a Mexican place last night - it was the first chicken enchilada I'd had in (only?) 2 months! The deliciousness of it reminded me of the amenities/luxuries haven't been available in Asia and, as much as I am enjoying my time traveling it also reminded me of why I'm excited to return home!


Things I miss:
- Mexican food
- In-N-Out (burgers in general)
- Western toilets (biggest problem in China, TBH)
- Toilet paper (lots of toilets didn't have it. again, mostly in China)
- Free refills (everything you order is accounted for, no such thing as free refills)
- cold drinks (at least in China where the water is bad and refrigeration seems nonexistent)
- lemons (no lemonade here, just "lime juice")
- all-over wireless
- mosquito-free indoors/outdoors!

any more and I would sound like I'm complaining, but there are some personal things I miss too, like thrifting with my mom and sistersaur, going to the movies like it's nothing, shooting with my polaroid camera and manual slr, photo runs with friends, and playing with my poopies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i lurf america