Sunday, September 4, 2011

the end of summer

Warm, dusty brown and cool dusky blue are two colors I've been gravitating towards lately. I've been helping one of my neighbors on my block with re-building his house so I've been sore and tired but immensely happy to experience the building process firsthand. I learned to wire a switch yesterday and successfully did it on my own in half of a crawl space that we nearly finished sealing today! Knowledge is power, and when it is practical it is extremely rewarding. I haven't felt this positive about learning in years, but that can very much be attributed to an attitude adjustment on my part. We had a flash thunderstorm this evening which worried me along the lines of messing up the construction, but otherwise it was fantastic. An enormous, guttural rumble of thunder that sounded like the end of the world, followed by a downpour that gushed down for all of three minutes interspersed with brilliant flashes of lightning. It felt like a sign. Now I am enjoying the chilly breeze that is flowing through my window and listening to the crickets that have been chirping for the past few hours. Time for sleep, they say.

2 comments:

Ronni said...

your denim shirt looks awesome

destroy what bores you said...

thanks Rons! I've been on the hunt for the perfect one and I think this is it...!