Friday, September 23, 2011

I want to live in outer space


Spotted these Replogle globes at the GCC swap meet last week! I got both for $5, and for their beat-up conditions I couldn't really complain. I've been on the hunt for a moon globe forever... I passed on one several months ago that was going for $40; when I asked the vendor if she could go a little lower she snapped at me, so I thought it'd be wisest to move on. Both moon and celestial globe are dented and missing their stands but I'm content to peruse them anyway and let them roll around in my room. I'm enjoying finding my favorite constellations on the celestial globe and seeing what other constellations are in relation to one another, and I had no idea there was a place on the Moon named Julius Caesar. Oh the things we can know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG a moon globe!! so cool.