Thursday, September 22, 2011

ginger tea

I caught a cold at work and have been thoroughly miserable for the past two days even though it's just a wimpy little cold. It started off as a tickle in the throat, to a general boy-I-feel-shitty-I-wonder-why, and when it took me a little longer to stock the wall of salads and vegetables I knew I had caught something. I went home and feeling crappy just took some more Zicam and went to sleep, glad to have the day off the next day. On my day off I felt a little better but by early afternoon was slammed with a pounding headache and maybe a slight fever? I got some ginger root, sliced it up and put it in a pot of water to simmer on the stove. After 20 minutes or so I turned off the heat, poured some into a mug, squeezed some honey into it and chugged it into the evening. Tasty! I still didn't feel that great so I called in sick for the next day (today) but I am already feeling tons better, probably from the ginger tea, Zicam, and a bit of apple cider vinegar mixed into water. Being weird and trying not to take... conventional medicine. I'll save the hardcore stuff for flu season.

1 comment:

Ashley/ MILK TEETHS said...

Whenever I'm sick my grandma always gives me little coins of raw ginger to chew on :)