Tuesday, September 13, 2011

good (monday) morning

This is how I started off my Monday...
1. Walked downstairs a little after 7 after awakening to the sounds of my mom cooking eggs and sharing them with our Westies (!!!) This is my landing, where a few jadeite bowls, a mug tree full of vintage cups, and two paintings have been hanging out...
2. I toasted a bagel and sliced some avocado onto it. It has been a while since I've had my favorite breakfast!
3. Funny how I am still fascinated by the leaves that 'float' in midair even though it's one special leaf that happens to be hanging by a spiderweb thread! Even funnier when you think about old bits of television/cinema like Flash Gordon where you can see the string that controlled the miniature rockets zooming around with sparks shooting out the ends. The innocence of special effects and your perceptions of them is endearing.
4. Scary, HAIRY spider...diligently and skillfully weaving its web. I shuddered as I took these pictures of the spider but it's so beautiful and fascinating that my curiosity outweighs my fear. At least it's me and spider with a camera and lens in-between.
5. I walked into a dead end with my dogs and saw that someone had adorned this sign with tons of little stamped hearts. amazing.

2 comments:

Etong said...

avocado! love them! hope u had a great monday! :)

yo said...

i learned (via reddit) that "avocado" originates from the nahuatl word for balls