Monday, October 3, 2011

it's guava season!


Guavas are here! Psidium guajava is the common variety, and it is mighty tasty, but it's exciting to taste all the others, too! My friend Robyn's mother grows several varieties and one day after mentioning to her that I was stealthily picking up fallen pineapple guavas on my morning walks, she arrived at my doorstep a few days later with a gigantic bag of pineapple guava and a little container of strawberry guava... and my mother and I were in heaven! So thank you so much Robyn. And yesterday at the PCC flea market my mom noticed a vendor selling a bag of the apple guavas for $1, so we indulged and, having finished all the strawberry guava, were able to keep our bellies happy.

2 comments:

y said...

It smells like guavas by the door to my apartment!

y said...

It smells like guavas by the door to my apartment!