Wednesday, October 19, 2011

last morning rendezvous

This was exactly one week ago. Thursday morning I left New Jersey to go back to the city and experienced the crazy morning commute into New York! I fell over on the train, stepped on two people, and it was a gloomy day but everyone was very kind, and after a little bit of huffing and puffing I met up with Max at a little bakery called the Blue Stove, where I showed him family photos I'd borrowed from my grandparents over tea and pastries. After that we went walking and noticed a full-fledged vegetable garden growing out on the street, and turning around saw a whole weedy lot bursting with vegetables and flowers. We ducked into a tea and coffee shop where I wish I had gotten some tea now but had been too overwhelmed to choose at the time. Mentally I had been reeling - seeing Steph in an hour, spending my first night in a hostel that night, my flight back to L.A. early the next day and my interview a few hours after landing. I was hoping I wasn't being too brash to leave a few days early, but I knew inside that ten days in New York would be much too long, given the circumstances. I was just happy to be seeing both of my friends on my last day in the city, because they are, among too many of my great friends, people I don't have the luxury of seeing whenever I want to.

No comments: