Monday, October 24, 2011

petrillo's with dan

I had never been to Petrillo's on Valley before, even though it is so close to home. But on Saturday Dan asked if I was back in town and wanted to grab a bite and catch up and I said yes! We got a pepperoni pizza which we waited a long time for, but we were amused by the faded poster of the baby with a bowl of spaghetti all over it, which we agreed had probably been there since 1986 and after realizing with delight that we were both sporting Criterion items (his Criterion shirt, my Janus Films tote) we stood outside and talked as our appetites grew. After we got our pizza we went to 7-11 and picked up a giant bottle of Blue Moon to share and ate the pizza at his house while we listened to a lecture by his anthropology professor on dysfunctional families (nerds). And then I learned that while I can eagerly and openly dissect my family through discussions with friends, it hits a lot closer to home when I talk about this stuff with an actual family member. Which is so obvious but as a hopelessly oblivious fool I messed up. But, I fixed it.

1 comment:

y said...

I love his shirt, especially how worn in it is.