Friday, February 26, 2010

adventures in j-town


There's a funny little store in the Little Tokyo Plaza that I never remember the name of, full of curios - tools, kitchenware, bath time fun, useful things and fun things like toys, dvds, and figurines, and I can't resist going inside whenever I pass by. There are always new things coming in, along with the staples of bath scrubbies, pencil cases, and tea sets. Today it looked like there was a huge influx of Totoro and Domo-kun characters, all cute and fuzzy, nicely detailed and not too overpriced. I mean, Totoro and Domo-kun are always there, but this time around, in VAST quantities. After looking for gloves and a certain set of tools Y and I saw these adorable bath sponges! Here I only show a water droplet and an iridescent happy blob, but there was a banana, a panda, a fish, you name it! These would make me never want to get out of the tub, they are so cute. I felt like a kid again, which was very nice.

No comments: