Tuesday, February 9, 2010

hailstones


There was a great big storm today, and it raged for maybe an hour, with thunder crashing, lightning flashing and rain driving in all directions, as well as a smattering of hailstones, which I was able to snap a few of on my back porch. It was all very heavy and intense.

It was probably the storm then, that drained me of my energy and nudged me into an off-color sort of day. I went into a bit of a forced seclusion, staying up in my room tidying up, rearranging items, arranging stacks of books to read, doodling & planning the rest of my week and weekend. My two dogs, having nothing better to do, came up and made themselves comfortable on my bed and we spent a relatively quiet day together. Going into my second month of a break from school has made me creative in thinking up ways to stay busy without a job, but I will be starting work on Thursday, finally! So the days I have to myself will soon become something to look forward to again. Change is good and welcomed.

No comments: