Friday, February 5, 2010

I was never a punk.


I wore an old army shirt/jacket all the time in high school - think of the one Lindsay Weir donned from Freaks and Geeks but not nearly as oversized or baggy. I'd affix one, two, or three buttons to the front and change them as I got bored. I never wore them all at once like this though! I went to a public high school so I probably wouldn't have been sent to the office for violating dress code, but that didn't stop teachers and peers from commenting on what I wore. The strangest thing ever was getting featured in the style section of the yearbook my senior year, but I think I only got thrown in because I was one of the two "quirky" girls who looked like they didn't give a damn, hahaha.

So looking at the array of buttons, you can tell who my favorite bands were, my favorite movies, and leading men. So, an ice core look at who I kind of was in high school. yeahhh...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i applaud the use of ice core proops : )

Jeremy [Retro] said...

yeah, for nightmare... i sort of did the same in high school 20+ years ago... add some swatch watches and this little round black brackets, crimped hair... and what do you have... a zombie...lol

i did love my "no bozo" button... i still have it, somewhere...
iZombie