Monday, February 22, 2010

creepy


I hate going to the bathroom when I'm at work, because it is soooo creepy. It's about 6' wide and maybe 10' deep. Claustrophobia-inducing. Scary because it is long and narrow, with old fixtures intact, a sickly yellow and black color scheme, a high ceiling, and no windows. The entire building is creepy except for the office I work in, which is clean, open and exceptionally well-lit. Apparently the building was built in 1929 which explains the dated feel of it - don't get me wrong I love old buildings, but being in certain parts of this one makes brings to mind vivid & eerie scenes from The Shining and Barton Fink. What is it about turn-of-the century buildings that make them so creepy? The history, the shoddy lighting, and the smell of the years. I secretly like being slightly creeped out by my surroundings though, it makes my day more interesting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

boo my comment didn't go through. these pictures remind of me of abandoned mental hospitals! have fun at work kekeke