Wednesday, April 28, 2010

afternoon at Eaton Canyon, pt. 1


1. A cluster of fragrant, creamy white elder flowers.
2. This smelled like sage...!
3. Opuntia, or the prickly pear cactus! We're going to go back and eat some in the future, when the tunas ripen.
4. A blossom from the Hesperoyucca whippleie - also known as Spanish Bayonet, Our Lord's Candle, and the Quixote or common yucca.
5. Mysterious, plant-like alien seed pod. After identifying the leaves & pod it seems this is a wild cucumber!
6. Unknown purple flower, pretty little cluster of blossoms atop a long, slender stem.

T and I decided to take a spontaneous trip to Eaton Canyon in Pasadena, which was a fantastic way to stop thinking about the recent drama about the content I've thrown up on here (which has been resolved). I decided that it's not a big deal so I'll keep this thing up; I got over myself real quick and don't give enough of a damn towards those who'll stir up shit for their own amusement and curiosity. I held myself accountable and followed through so I don't feel the need for censoring myself. However I am lucky to know people who don't freak out or jump to conclusions without getting the full picture from me. Excuse me now, I'm off to get some much-deserved rest.

No comments: