Thursday, April 22, 2010

escapism


One of these days I'm gonna cut and run. Take a backpack, water and trail mix bars, jump on my bike and pedal away into the sunset! Maybe I'll find that strawberry farm in Santa Maria to volunteer at for a day or two and stuff myself full of strawberries while I'm at it (hehe), and work my way up the coastline until I reach City Lights, where I will read my fill in books for a week or two. Then I'll continue on my way, familiarize myself with the Pacific Northwest and meet new people, living like a bum but gaining wisdom through experience. I'm spewing, yes, but I need to spew! I feel like a clogged drain, a volcano backed up with hardening lava and ash when more needs to erupt. I stay bottled and when I let a little out the people I talk to just laugh at me and the silly ideas, and then I feel like a funny character, not to be taken seriously. I feel like Howard Beale. I NEED TO GET MAD.

No comments: