Wednesday, April 14, 2010

intro/extro

a skillfully-drawn, crudely hilarious cup from our host's house in kc.

Sometimes I wonder where the part of me that was constantly chipper, excitable and lighthearted has gone. The girl who laughed at everything and nothing and grinned ear to ear even when there was nothing really to be amused by. It's safe to say that used to be my 'normal' state of being and nowadays I am more reserved, perhaps more thoughtful and mindful of my words and actions. I still find glimpses of that old self emerging at given situations but it is impossible for me to fake it. I've reverted to introversion to save my breath and my sanity, and I find myself missing the extroversion but I can't snap my fingers and say 'Come back, my exuberant self!' It has to be real, it has to happen naturally.

No comments: