Tuesday, April 6, 2010

the hollywood grill


Watched Truffaut's 'The 400 Blows' last night and when it ended it was a little after midnight, and Max was hungry. So we walked 4 or 5 blocks west to the Hollywood Grill, which is kind of like a non-chain Denny's/really crappy Swingers and open 24 hours. Max was blown away by the film and hungry and sleepy too, which made for interesting conversation for this midnight snack. He got the veggie burger and I got some Belgian waffles with strawberries, which tasted horribly of red 40 dye and tinged my mouth a vampirish red. I had to brush my teeth twice to get it all out (shudder). I only ate the perimeter around the mound of red-soaked strawberries which was good but had a sugar rush that I countered by quietly reading Walden before I called it a night.

1 comment:

Tommy said...

yuck :( what do you expect from a place that calls itself "the hollywood cafe" in chicago!

first clue about the quality of this eatery: the pattern on the benches. i think that says it all in fact