Friday, April 9, 2010

wednesday


Max had to work Wednesday, so I ventured into the city on my own for the day. After a hearty omelette and some avocado smooshed onto a bagel (SO delicious) I walked to the Red Line and took it all the way to Belmont, where I then went to a funny store called Belmont Army; the first floor had boutique-y, trendy clothing, the second floor was skate wear, the third floor army surplus and the fourth floor vintage. An interesting shopping experience, though I didn't get anything. On my way down Clark it began to rain so I took refuge in a Borders, buckled down and bought an umbrella, and headed to the Threadless store, which was cute in that it was like a tiny t-shirt gallery. Cute, and it was good to see. I wound through used bookstores and consignment shops, stopped at a store called Chicago Comics, as well as the Lakeview Reckless Records, passed by Wrigley Field, and went to the Music Box - a grand old theatre that's been carefully preserved and that shows new and old movies. I didn't want to watch either of the two movies playing, and explained to the guy at the front that I just wanted to look inside. So he let me into the main theater to peek and I was blown away by the size and grandeur of the space. Awesome! After that I took the Brown Line, transferred to the Red Line, and got back to Max's place. I went to Wicker Park for a meal, found some movies for Max at Reckless as a parting gift, then went back to the apartment to wait for him to get back/let him in. Once he got back we bundled up to go to Logan Square, but then, deterred by the cold and nasty slow-falling mist, went back inside, got some beers and watched Jules et Jim.

No comments: