Wednesday, March 9, 2011

good-ness

Worst nail painting job/color coordinating, ever! But always fun.

Breakfast and lunch today and yesterday consisted of delicious Mexican food with two of some of my favorite people in the world (respectively), my sister for lunch yesterday, and Jim (from work) for breakfast today. [Poor sentence structure made me think I wrote this like I ate them for lunch and breakfast, and after realizing and confirming this I kept it like that. I laughed...at my own expense]. I've been spending a lot of quality time with my sister, I think since cutting down work hours and sort of re-prioritizing things. Little things like running errands together, or grabbing some yogurt, shooting pictures in dank alleys or venturing to a new/old place to eat have brought back our bond. Thank god, because I'm graduating this year, and I realize now how much more I should have taken advantage of the fact my sister and I attend the same school!

Hmm...I've been trying to hang out with Jim forever, and something always managed to get in the way, until today. He recently got transferred to another store, and after impulsively tracking him down on his last day (and unintentionally commandeering his old locker) we agreed that we really had to meet up for real. After a quick morning lab I met him at a little mom-and-pop place in Highland Park where we both ordered machaca breakfast plates and drank way too much coffee (I was jittery and not myself until 6 o'clock this evening). There are a few moments in your life I presume that when you meet someone for the first time you just know that you and that person will get along, and possibly forge a lifelong friendship. I had that impression with Jim, and he apparently did with me too, but I never really knew why. But after two hours of sitting in a tiny little restaurant, drinking coffee from styrofoam cups constantly being refilled by a cute old Mexican lady, I realized that just learning more about him and sharing our thoughts on our lives and whatnot, made clearer why I'd always been so fond of him.

Anyway, lots left to do for midreview... and working at 5 am tomorrow so off I go.

No comments: