Sunday, March 13, 2011

ruminations on the road!


...so Wells Fargo really DOES have horses!?


I hate seeing these cell towers disguised as trees, I always have. It's the equivalent of the uncanny valley except it doesn't even begin to succeed at fooling the human eye. ugh!


Different textures of the road and changing landscape.


Around the bend, our destination awaits!

I was involved in an auto accident on Thursday, right before I was due to take a midterm, before my all-nighter for my midterm review presentation for studio... talk about a nightmare come to life! Luckily in terms of the accident nobody was hurt (except for my car...), the midterm didn't seem that difficult, and I got great feedback on my project on Friday. So with a mixed taste in my mouth I was ready for spring break feeling slightly broken. I took my car to the body shop to get it inspected and I'm bracing myself for how much it will all cost. But anyway, an almost certainly gloomy weekend was overridden by the appearance of boyfriend! He drove up from San Diego so we could hang out together and it was awesome.

After a quick lunch on Saturday we decided to drive 2.5 hours northwest to Red Rock Canyon State Park! Halfway up to Mammoth/halfway to Vegas kind of, we knew we wouldn't have much time to explore but rationalized it through the time we'd spend in the car. I was in charge of music, although I dozed off every now and then, we talked and argued and made up and soon enough we were there...

1 comment:

Hazelrah said...

Holy crap! I've never seen once of those cell phone towers before. How comical; it gives me the idea that the tree is animated and trying so hard to fulfill a disguise.